Monday, October 29, 2007

Slow down....

Well, I guess I spoke a little too soon earlier this month. I've kind of had a slight set back, nothing too bad though. It has been a couple of months since I've had any symptoms other than just being fatigued at times. Well 2 weeks ago some of my symptoms came back=( I've been having tingling in my legs off and on and STABBBING, INTENSE pain in my thighs. I'm pretty sure I figured out why they started up again, I just have to figure out how to fix it. I need to slow down!! I've been overdoing it, especially on the weekends. I've just been going non-stop EVERY weekend and then work has been REALLY stressful during the week. So, a combination of the two has not been good for my body. The frustrating part is I'm only 26 and I don't know how to make myself slow down. I feel like I should be able to go and do whatever I want, but then I have to remember I can't anymore.....well I can, I just have to make time to rest in between.

I was at the mall Saturday and was telling Mom and Meemaw how frustrating it is that I get worn out just from going shopping (however I guess that is good for Doug and my checkbook;)! Anyway, I was saying that I worry about how I'll be able to keep up with my kids once I have them. Just after that conversation was over, we passed a woman that had NO ARMS at all!!! And she had 2 kids with her. It was like God's way of quickly reminding me that it could be worse. I mean, I may not have the energy all of the time, but at least I have my arms!!

I'll keep you all posted on my symptoms. Please keep me in your prayers that I'll quickly get over this small bump in the road and learn to RELAX and REST!!

And, just remember.....

"It could always be worse."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there. I just came across your blog by accident -- just surfing from one blogspot blog to another and found yours. I just read a few posts about your MS - but can relate in some way. I was recently diagnosed with Polymyositis, an autoimmune disease that attacks my muscle tissue. I've always been super active -- worked as a personal trainer, weight trained, powerlifted, racquetball fanatic -- and suddenly I was unable to do anything myself. Thankfully I have an amazing, God honoring husband that has been with me through this -- and I'm learning how to cope with this diagnosis. I'm on 30 mg of Prednisone right now just to keep me functional - but "hope" to get off this medication as time goes on. I found an awesome book that you might be interested in. It's written by Dr. Kevin Conners called, "Help, My Body Is Killing Me". He's a believer and offers the book for free on his website. If you want the link, let me know. In the book, he tells specifically what blood tests to have your doctor run so we, the patient, can find out WHY the body is attacking itself and how we can counter it. It is very hopeful. He also offers phone consults too. He's out west.

I'm totally with you about not wanting to run needless tests - and I think the more we do so, the more stressed we are. Stress is a huge factor for us dealing with these kinds of diseases. We must keep it to a minimum.

My Rheumatologist didn't even want to maintain eye contact when I told him I was not interested in medicating myself, but finding out why my body was doing this and coming at it with nutrition,etc. Instead, he sat there and wrote prescription after prescription like I had said nothing. Time for me to find a new doctor.

Perhaps we can be there for each other! :) I know the Lord is aware of all this and that nothing happens that doesn't go through HIS hands first.

Keep the faith, dear friend!!