Tuesday, July 17, 2007

3 Month Check Up....

Just wanted to give everyone an update. It's been just over 3 months since I started my injections, which means it's time to go for my check up to see if it's working. I am having a MRI done next week, on Tuesday the 24th. They will take images of my brain, cervical spine, and thoracic spine with and without contrast. That means they'll take several images of each area and then pull me out of the machine, inject a dye into my veins, and then put me back in the machine to take more images. I'll probaly be there for a few hours. NO FUN!!! I guess the worst part is having to stay still for so long. At least last time I had a MRI I couldn't feel my legs, so it was easy to keep them still. This time will probably be tougher. Wish me luck!! Once my neurologist gets my results he'll call me to set up an appointment to go over my results and see how I'm doing. Everyone cross your fingers that everything is going according to plan. I'm feeling better, so I have high hopes that the MRI results will show the injections are working!

I'll post an update after I get the results!

On a lighter note, I would like to say Happy Anniversary to my AWESOME hubbie:) Can you guys believe it's been 3 YEARS?!! Oh, Doug is a lucky man;) We're having a romantic dinner tonight at Carmello's and then this weekend we're staying at Moody Gardens!

Today I'll leave you with a quote about love:
"Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle."

Doug and I have definitely cut new paths over the past 8 months, and they're so much stronger and closer:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I'm so lucky to have a best friend like you. You are an inspiration to me. I can't tell you enough how much I admire your strength. Love ya!!!