Monday, October 13, 2008

It's been exactly one month from today since Ike....

I just realized I haven't blogged since Ike! FINALLY everything is back to normal for the most part since the storm. I hope all of you made it through Hurricane Ike safely and are returning back to your normal lives by now.

I think most of you know by now that the MS Walk in Kemah was cancelled. It was originally scheduled for Saturday, September 20th at the Kemah Boardwalk. But, no thanks to Ike, Kemah was destroyed:( I was really sad that we didn't get to walk this year, but I was even more sad for the families that lost so much, if not everything, during Ike. The NMSS is rescheduling both the Downtown walk and The Woodlands walk, but the Kemah one isn't going to happen this year. We'll have to wait until next year. However, we still made it in the top three for fundraising, rounding out at $5,705.00!!! Wooohoooo!!! Thanks again for all of your generosity and support!!

As for my MS.....my symptoms are under control for now. I have a few pains and twinges of tingling here and there, but I've been doing well for the most part. I know I announced in my last blog that Doug and I are moving, so many of you have been wondering what I'll do for doctor's, etc. I am going to keep all of my AMAZING doctors here in Houston. They cannot be replaced!!! Plus, Doug and I will be living back in Houston in a few years:) I'll just commute to Houston for the next few years when I need to see them. The only new doctor I'll have to find in the Longview area will be a high risk pregnancy doctor for sometime in the future:)

I'll post again soon to keep you up to date on the big move!! Doug already moved almost two weeks ago and I'll be joining him in 5 weeks!!

I'd like to share something with you that has really got me through the last month.....

To get something you never had,
you have to do something you never did.
When God takes something from your grasp,
He's not punishing you,
but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
Conentrate on this sentence.....
The will of God will never take you
where the Grace of God will not protect you.

1 comment:

Karen said...

It's great to catch up on your blog! I really, really enjoyed the quote at the end of this blog..God is Gracious! We're praying for y'alls move & your health, my friend! Blessings : )