Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Still lumpy, but it's okay now...

I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is I'm still LUMPY! The good news is, I'm pretty much done letting it get me down. I mean, what can I do about it? Not much. So, why waste time being frustrated with it. And actually the less I think about it, the less it bothers me. I took the advice I left you with in my quote from the last posting. So, onto other things.....

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I've gone to the beach a few times this summer and soaked up some Vitamin D. As long as I cool off in the water every now and then, I do fine. Last week Doug and I started working out again, we kind of got off track with all of our traveling in April and May. Instead of going to the gym one evening last week, we swam laps in the pool at our apartment. It was a great workout and a great way to stay cool:) This week we've hit the gym a few times and I seem to be dealing with the heat a little better....as long as they actually have the air on. I finally was able to do my 3 miles on the eliptical trainer in 26 minutes yesterday, which was what I was doing before all of my health issues started. I've been feeling really good since we started working out again.

I do want to brag on my awesome husband a little. He truly has been my rock through all of this and I am so blessed to have him. I thank God for him every day. I believe my diagnosis has brought us closer together than we've ever been, which says a lot because we were already such bestfriends. Okay, I'm done boring you with all of the mushy gushy stuff, I'm just so gratful and happy with my life right now and I wanted to shout it from the rooftops:) Can you believe we're coming up on our 3 year anniversary this summer:)

Thanks to all of you for checking out my blog. It means a lot to me that so many people care about me and think about me. I also thank God for all of you and your support!

I'm headed to Las Vegas this weekend, so here's the quote I'll leave you with:

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!" :)

No comments: