Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Me!!

Well, I've reached a milestone. It has been one year (and a few days) since I started my injections. Can you believe that it's already been a year?? Even with all of the pain, lumps, and anxiety from the injections, the time still flew by. It's just another one of my daily routines now. Don't get me wrong though, sometimes they still hurt like hell, but they've gotten so much better than this time last year. Maybe the pics will bring the reality of what one year of daily injections look like.....just think, there are over 365 injections laying there! Crazy, huh?

















This post is especially for those of you just starting out on your MS treatment, aaaahhhemmm.....Melissa and Kristin. It may seem like a really long road right now and the injections may seem TERRIBLE and cause you GREAT anxiety, but you will get through it. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I know we'll be on the injections indefinitely, but since reaching my 1 year milestone I feel like it's a walk in the park....well, maybe that's exaggerating a little, but things do get better.....I promise:) You guys can do it!!

It is such a liberating feeling to be where I am today and look back at Nicole one year ago. And I feel so proud for sticking to the treatment....no pun intended:)

Oh ya, and I'd like to thank Doug for letting me scream as loud as I want, curse, and even cry sometimes when they really, really hurt....you've been an awesome nurse! Or is a male nurse called a murse??

I know I thank you all a lot for being so supportive, but thanks again. I wouldn't be where I am today without each of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, that's a lot of injections, and you must be on Copaxone (because it's 1xDay), which is the weakest MS drug. Have you considered infusing with Tysabri instead? It's once-per-month, but nevertheless is much stronger (cut 68% of relapses).

I don't know how we are expected to keep injecting. I am on Avonex, and 1xweek is bad enough, especially as it makes me sick all the time. But I am trying to make my neuro agree to Tysabri.

bye now,
Martha