Monday, April 28, 2008

Paintings for MS

I just had to share something really awesome with all of you. A friend of mine was diagnosed with MS a couple of months ago and like most people newly diagnosed with MS, she's had a tough time finding how to release some of her stress and frustration.

She came up with the most brilliant idea EVER!! She went to Hobby Lobby and bought supplies to paint. She hasn't stopped painting since:) Her paintings are so neat, people are wanting to buy them. She wasn't willing to take money for them, but told her "buyers" they could have the paintings in exchange for a donation to the National MS Society through Nicole's Angels!!! She's already raised well over $100 for Nicole's Angels and is still painting to raise more money. Who would have thought that her new hobby would raise money for our cause??!! Nicole's Angels is definitely going to be the biggest fundraising team for the Kemah MS Walk! I'm so excited!!
I want to share a few pics of her paintings, they're awesome!! I'd definitely hang them in my house:)


Lots and lots of thanks go out to this very special artist! You ROCK!! Keep it up!!

1 comment:

Christina K Brown said...

I just realized we have blogs with the same name! Nice to meet you! DX since 2003 on REBIF...you? My mom is an artist.