Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'm officially a pin cushion...

Just thought I would update you guys on how my injections are going. Last night was my 5th time to inject. The actual process of setting up the autoject and then injecting the medication has gotten a bit easier. I'm definitely less nervous to do it, but still have a little anxiety when I see the clock is almost to 7:30 (that's become my injection time)! The pain and the welps at the injection site have not improved much. The intense wasp sting pain lasts about 30-45 minutes, then it's just a dull pain for about 2 hours. The welps are present until I wake up the next morning. I still feel bruised at each injection site thus far, which means tender areas in both arms, both hips, and the left leg. I would have to say the worst area to inject so far has been the arm and the leg because I don't have quite as much cushion there as in my hip. Tonight will be my right leg and tomorrow night will be my stomach. Then I'll start the cycle all over again. But, like I said in my previous post....the injections sure beat the alternative!

FYI....the BPMS150 is this weekend. Hopefully some of you are able to volunteer or ride in it to help support research and programs for people suffering with MS! Unfortunately I will not be in town to volunteer, we'll be in Ohio for a wedding. Let me know if any of you are involved!!

No comments: