Friday, August 3, 2007

It's in REMISSION...

Okay, I have fabulous news for everyone:) I saw my neurologist yesterday to get my MRI results and he had nothing but good news. One of the lesions on my spinal cord has completely disappeared and you can barely see the other one! That means the medication is working!! Which makes all of the painful injections so worth it! He wants to see me back in one year unless something changes with my symptoms before then. And no more MRI's for a while. I do have to continue my injections daily, but he said he PROMISES an oral version of the drug is just around the corner:) Doug and I are so relieved and excited! It really puts all of the medical drama we've been through over the past 8 months in the past. We're moving on now!!

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I really feel like it wasn't just the medication that put my MS into remission, it was also all of you:) Please continue to keep me in your prayers and pray that the oral drug comes out soon!

Time to celebrate!!

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!I'm sooooooooo excited for you guys. The fact he doesn't want to see you for a year is AWESOME! You kicked some MS BuTT. By the way I can probably handle you taking the oral medication way better than I did the injections. Have a FANTASTIC LIFE. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Nicole, this is awesome news! YIPPEEE! Actually kinda crazy that I read this today! I was sharing your story with a patient that I had yesterday, she also suffered from a disease similar to MS. After she left, I stopped and said a prayer for you guys! To recieve this news today gives me chills! Love You! -Misty